Women trying for a baby are FOUR TIMES less likely to get pregnant within a year if they have gum disease: Bacteria prevents ovulation and embryo implanting.
- Women with the bacteria P. Gingivalis are three times more likely to suffer
- Those with the bacteria and signs of gum disease are four times more likely
- Gum infections may cause inflammation that stop ovulation and implantation
- They may also contribute to the fertility-affecting condition endometriosis
- Women hoping to conceive should have dental check-ups and take folate